When we think of Serena Williams, the first image that crosses our mind is of an influential woman of color lifting literally all the precious trophies in the sport of tennis. However, there’s more to her image than just her athletic prowess and achievements. Just like her game on the court, she has constantly been expressive and animated about women’s empowerment and their rights.
Along with her career journey, quotes from Serena Williams have long been an inspiration for many aspiring women tennis stars who dream to make it big one day.
In this blog, we bring to you 15 powerful quotes from Serena Williams that will encourage you to embrace your femininity and celebrate this Women’s Day on a high!
1. “I’m lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.”
2. “I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fail.”
3. “Think of all the girls who could become top athletes but quit sports because they are afraid of having too many define muscles and being made fun of or called unattractive.”
4. “If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.”
5. “Luck has nothing to do with it, because I have spent many, many hours, countless hours on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come.”
6. “You can be whatever size you are, and you can be beautiful both inside and out. We are always told what’s beautiful and what’s not, and that’s not right.”
7. “I’ve learned to love me. I’ve been like this my whole life and I embrace me. I love how I look. I am a full woman and I’m strong, and I’m powerful, and I’m beautiful at the same time.”
8. “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous; be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.”
9. “Family’s first, and that’s what matters the most. We realize that our love goes deeper than the tennis game.”
10. “I don’t have regrets. I don’t live in the past. I live in the present and learn not to make the same mistakes in the future.”
11. “I definitely am a feminist. I like to stick up for women and women’s rights. So many things happen and I just think “Wow, why don’t we have a chance?”
12. “There’s one thing I’m really good at, and that’s hitting the ball over a net, in a box, I’m excellent.”
13. “Growing up I wasn’t the richest, but I had a rich family in spirit.”
14. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.”
15. “Is greatness winning? Is it losing? Is it recover? It’s all of them, plus being good to yourself.”
So, this was our collection of 15 powerful quotes from Serena Williams. We hope you loved reading all of them. Keep visiting www.ciowomenmagazine.com for more inspirational content!